Thursday 1 July 2010

A Slight Blow of My Own Trumpet.

June has only gone and turned into July! I have written bits and bobs but nothing substantial for a while. In truth I haven't stopped in other ways. I have been catching up with the huge list of tasks around the house which have been waiting for me to finish university for this year. I've spent time with Sam and been on holiday to Devon for a week. I've been trying to keep track of my burgeoning vegetable patch (see the Roar! Earth blog for more). I've read a few books and entered a couple of competitions.

But, if you'll pardon the vulgarity, I'm going to have a slight parp on my own trumpet here, because on Monday I got my Independent Creative Writing assignment back from uni, marked by my tutor Rachel Cusk, and I got 80%. She has called me " a marvellous poet" amongst other very postive comments.

I am so relieved to have got a first for this latest collection of my poems, among them six sestinas. I worked very hard on them and they mean a lot to me. What it really means though, is that I have to keep going.

This is just the beginning.
Leaping! xxx

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's incredible news. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your mark. You should dance around and look incredibly chuffed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Lucy, that's brilliant news!

    It seems Time is leaping with you.

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you..it's always the beginning!!

    ReplyDelete