Saturday 3 April 2010

Stop! Carry On

I am on Easter hols from uni and although I am still up to my ears in work I have made myself stop and take a break from it. I'm still writing poetry. It's impossible to stop doing that, even if it's one line or an idea for a poem.
Tiles on a shop front, Grays Inn Road, London
It has been a relief and a worry to stop. I have no idea how I will find the time to complete all my assignments and get the marks I need but somehow it must be done! My brain needed a breather and I needed to think about other things like planning activities with Sam, paperwork, the garden, and of course some Spring cleaning.

It's been good to stop and reflect on where I am and think about where I want to be next. But not too much. From today I am back on with the studying as well as everything else. I've tried to write about the past this week but I keep deleting what I write. It's fuel for poetry these days. It is done.

Poetry is a great medium for opening up a Pandora's Box of feelings, ideas, insights, observations and taboos, and continues to challenge and inspire me every day.

Love, Love, Love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment